I love the P.L.A.Y. Project (Play and Language for Autistic Youngsters). I love being able to coach parents as they connect with their children through play, and help their children progress developmentally. It's so exciting to see the progress of the kids, and to see how empowering this program is for parents. I really do love it.
In October 2014, P.L.A.Y. Project research was published in the Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics. Please check it out, it's exciting, as the P.L.A.Y. Project has been working on this research for the past few years.
Through the P.L.A.Y. Project (www.playproject.org), they found significant improvements in:
- caregiver/parent and child interaction
- social interaction of children with autism
- social-emotional development of children with autism
- autism symptomatology
Secondary outcomes included:
- improved parent stress and depression
- P.L.A.Y. Project consultant fidelity