It's Friday!!! That means I get to share one of my favorite things. This week I want to share with you one of my favorite circle time songs.
I think one of the reasons I like this song so much is because I love the props my staff helped me make. They're so cute, and so easy to make!
What you need: black gloves, yellow duct tape
As you can tell from the picture we just took strips of tape and put them around the fingers. We also made cute little antennas, but if I were doing it again, I would just forego that part. Most of them were either ripped off or chewed off.
Why I love this song and the props, in no particular order :)
- We're learning about numbers
- Putting on gloves is good fine motor work
- Getting tactile input from the soft gloves
- Learning to tolerate gloves for the winter season
- Kids ask for help when they need it
- Finger isolation when singing the song
- Imitation skills
- Proprioceptive input with tickling. I like to tickle when the bees are buzzing all around
- Kids share as we have one or two students pass out the gloves
- Clean up, learning to put things away and waiting a turn to put their props back int he box
- Attending. Music is always a great motivator for attending and staying seated
For some reason Amazon isn't letting me add anything to my Astore today, but I'll add this song to my Amazon Favorites when I get a chance. For now, here's a link to a sample of the song. 10 Little Bumblebees.
Utah PLAY Project Home Consultant
Early Intervention Services for Children with Autism