I love the Mercer Mayer Apps. First of all, I just love Mercer Mayer books, so it makes sense that I like the app. However, there are other books I love and really dislike the app, so loving the book isn't always a qualifier.
There are a whole bunch of Little Critter Apps out now. They have one free book, it's Just Me And My Mom-Lite. So check that one out first to make sure you like it.
Here are the reasons why I like this app:
- I love the voice that reads it. I have seen other apps of children's books that use an adult voice that is monotone. This one is a child's voice, and is full of emotion.
- You can choose to have it read to you, or you can choose to read it on your own.
- The words are highlighted as it is read aloud.
- You can record your own voice reading it if you'd like.
- When you tap on objects in the pictures, it names the object and the word is displayed on the screen.
- There is a little activity throughout the book where you try to find something like a frog, mouse, or spider on each page.
As of today March 8, 2013 (we all know this list will change frequently, and I won't be able to keep it up to date), these are the current Little Critter Books that are Apps.
- All By Myself
- I Just Forgot (on sale as of today for $0.99)
- Just Go To Bed
- Just Grandma And Me
- Just Me And My Mom-Lite (free)
- Just Me And My Puppy (on sale)
- Just A Mess
- The New Baby
- What A Bad Dream (on sale)
- I Was So Mad
- Just Going To The Dentist
- Just Shopping With Mom
- Just For You
- Me Too!
- The New Potty
- When I Get Bigger (on sale)
- Happy Easter, Little Critter (coming soon)
- Just Me And My Little Brother (coming soon)
Utah PLAY Project Home Consultant
Early Intervention Services for Children With Autism